Re: tidy

From: Klaus Johannes Rusch <KlausRusch@atmedia.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 23:08:08 CET
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>
In <3A03192D.41169744@malibunetworks.com>, Alfonso Urdaneta <alfonso@malibunetworks.com> writes:
> I have noticed something though - and I am not 100% sure if this is a
> bug, because I don't know how intelligent the parser is, but I have
> noticed that tidy does not remove redundant font specifications.

tidy cleans up the document structure only, multiple redundant font tags are
not a structural issue as such, and merging attributes is be somewhat tricky.

If you use the -clean option, all font tags will be replaced by CSS, though you
will still see multiple span tags then.

--
Klaus Johannes Rusch
KlausRusch@atmedia.net