Re: tidy4aug00 update

From: Sebastian Lange <lange@cyperfection.de>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 11:23:44 +0200
To: Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>
Cc: html-tidy@w3.org, gerald@w3.org
At 18:15 09.08.2000 +0200, Sebastian Lange wrote:
>About the one-space-indentation: I think it's inherited, meaning that
>further lines are also indented by an additional space. But I did not try
>this yet, will do so tomorrow.

I must have gotten something wrong, it happens only ONCE...

If a <BR> in the input is followed by (space OR tab) OR (newline AND (space
OR tab OR newline)), Tidy inserts a newline AND space ("\n ") after the
<BR> in the output.

If the <BR> in the input is followed by (nonwhitespace) OR (newline AND
nonwhitespace), Tidy inserts a newline after <BR> but gets the indentation
of the following line right.

I think this is pretty exactly describing the problem.

Sebastian Lange
Maybe the first chat site that validates as HTML
4.0 even though user input may contain HTML codes.

Courtesy to Dave Raggett's HTML Tidy:

Tidy your documents ONLINE: