Re: tidy4aug00 update

Hello Dave,

such an option might be useful for some purposes, but would not really be
necessary, I think.
Besides that, the 1 space indentation is not related to this, is it?

What might be useful is a modification to the "indent: auto" option, like
when <br/ > appears before </td>, that Tidy does NOT add the otherwise
common linebreak?
Do I make sense here?

About the one-space-indentation: I think it's inherited, meaning that
further lines are also indented by an additional space. But I did not try
this yet, will do so tomorrow.

Have a nice evening!

sebastian

At 16:59 09.08.2000 +0100, Dave Raggett wrote:
>On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Sebastian Lange wrote:
>
> > Alright, I have tried to spot the problem and found following
> > minimized examples. In UPPERCASE you will find the INPUT and in
> > lowercase tidy's output... three examples, first shows the
> > effect, second doesn't, third does again:
>
>Thanks for the examples. I will track down what is happening.
>
>Currently there is an option to control where Tidy puts a
>line break before each br element. Do you think there is a
>need for a similar option for whether Tidy puts a line break
>after each br element?
>
>Regards,
>
>-- Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org> http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett
>tel/fax: +44 122 578 3011 (or 2521) +44 778 532 0444 (mobile)
>World Wide Web Consortium (on assignment from HP Labs)

Cyperfection - agentur fuer neue medien GmbH

Sebastian Lange
<mailto:lange@cyperfection.de>
+49 6 21 58 71 04-22

Karl-Kraemer-Str. 4