Re: TIDY - quote-nbsp seems not to work

From: Sebastian Lange <lange@cyperfection.de>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 11:21:56 +0200
To: ceplm@seznam.cz, html-tidy@w3.org
Cc: Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>
Hello Matej,

At 17:04 04.05.2000 -0400, Matej Cepl wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am confused. Although it seems to work for everybody, it
>doesn't for me. I mean quote-nbsp set to yes. Attached you shall
>find my tidy.ini, but the result is the same on every platform
>available to me -- Linux, M$-Win95, M$-Win98, M$-DOS. When I use
>named entity &nbsp; in my HTML document, it is always transformed
>in chr($A0) by tidy (not even numerical entity). Unfortunately,
>being from Eastern Europe I have to use at least three character
>encodings and transfer between them all the time. Unfortunately,
>some convertors understands chr($A0) as &aacute; which is a
>frequent character in the Czech language, so resulting text is
>rather unusable.
>
>Asking in html-tidy has not give me any responses, so I do not
>know, what to do.
>
>Will you help me, anybody, please?
>
>                             Matej Cepl

Please try the following modifications to your tidy.cfg. I am not sure
about the char-encoding: latin1, but the way I understand this, it should
leave Czech special chars untouched....
Also, you had quote-nbsp set to "no", which of course was wrong.
quote-ampersand was misspelled and break-before-br should be set to no as
otherwise you would always have a whitespace at the end of the line (in
most common browsers at least).

I hope this helps....

Sebastian

char-encoding: latin1