Re: Mugging of &Trade etc...

From: Larry W. Virden <lvirden@cas.org>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 10:37:12 -0400 (EDT)
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Actually, using the &amp; in urls is exactly what the standards say to
use - I just noticed this in the HTML 4.01 doc.  And in fact, I have
verified in my own case that if I use &amp; in CGI URLs that they work.

Now, as for the &trade;, then I suspect that special character is no
longer a supported character.  I haven't verified it though.  Hang on.  Nope,
it is listed in the HTML 4.01 entities, as is &reg.  Hmm - Perhaps we
need to build a 'test page' for tidy that includes all the entities, all
the HTML tags (used properly of course).  That way, we feed it to tidy
and if what comes out is still valid then we know tidy hasn't broken.
--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:lvirden@cas.org>
-><-