DOM support?

From: Mario Ellebrecht <ellebrecht@cityweb.de>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 16:34:00 +0200
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>
Hi,

  are there any plans on supporting the DOM interfaces for
representing parse trees in Tidy? I am using Andy Quick´s
JTidy in a university project to parse sloppy HTML into
a modifyable tree. Since XML parsers won´t accept these
documents, JTidy is a good solution for the problem.
  However, DOM is a standard object model and has
the advantage of being widely used and supported by
other packages.
  I believe turning JTidy into a full-fledged parser by supporting
(at least core) DOM would be a great feature to add!

Mario Ellebrecht mailto:ellebrec@ls10.cs.uni-dortmund.de
LS10, Computer Science Departmend, University Dortmund, Germany