RE: section 14.1

If information about the 'input collection' is provided by XSLT 2.0, then
the following would be useful:

1. the content (nodes) of the input collection
2. the location(s) of the input collection. For example, it can be necessary
to construct links to an input document, or to do some URL manipulation
3. Similar information about the output collection.

In XSLT 1.0 & 1.1 (and 2.0 currently) the input document and output document
are strangely handicapped: the stylesheet knows less about these documents
then it does about secondary documents. The secondary document is known both
in terms of content and location.

This is particularly important for multiple document output, where the
primary input / output documents are only one amongst many interlinked
files. As a workaround, you must adopt a structure where the primary input
is an index file pointing to all the secondary files, or you must reproduce
the information about the primary file using global variables and parameters
(so you have a variable containing the data of the input file and a
parameter which contains the URL of the input file).

Rgds,

Agnes Clarke
www.agslin.net