RE: Extension attributes

A personal reaction:

I can't see any particular problem with this change (there is a theoretical
backwards incompatibility, but a very minor one): but nor can I see any
pressing need for it. All the examples that I've seen of vendor-supplied
extension attributes apply to XSLT instructions, not to literal result
elements.

Mike Kay