Thinking about injection

Geert Bormans <geert@gbormans.telenet.be> writes:
> The idea is to have an injection spec We agreed we need it, we
> committed to work on it soon, but we have not specified a single bit
> of it, so all of the following is pure speculation

Ok. I’m still trying to get my head around what needs to be specified.

Imagine I have a complicated pipeline that I think contains a bug. The
goal is to have a way to enable debugging for that pipeline without
changing it. And the goal of a spec would be to have an interoperable
way to specify this. (Are we convinced that we need interoperability
that this level?)

So. I might want to know:

1. When a particular step runs
2. What the computed values of its options are
3. What its inputs are
4. What its outputs are

Presumably it would be useful to enable these features with
conditional expressions.

What more would you want?

Norman Walsh
Lead Engineer