[3.0] [Monthly report] [Documentation]

From: Christophe Marchand <cmarchand@oxiane.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 17:46:12 +0100
To: XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
# XProc 3.0 - Monthly report

2017-02-14 : St Valentin's day

## Documentation

Work has started on documentation.

### Plan

Plan is :

  - review the existing documentation
    + [Roger Costello tutorial](http://xfront.com/xproc/) : Good
quality, there is some work to provide to make everything conformant to
1.0 specification
    + [Data2Type](https://www.data2type.de/en/xml-xslt-xslfo/xproc/) :
Not yet read
    + Other documentation ? _Please provide links if you have some..._
  - Decide what kind of documentation we need to provide. Here are some
ideas...
    + Beginner's tutorial, maybe based on existing tutorial(s). Should
ask if it can be done...
    + Cookbook, from simple XProc to real complex pipelines. Based on
problem we all have had, to the one presented at [Cool things done with
XProc](https://github.com/xproc/showroom/wiki/xmlprague2017)
    + Reference manual, if required. I don't think we **must** have one,
if specifications are enough precise
  - Start writing

### Schedule

Until 2017-03-14 (next monthly report), finalize existing documentation
review.

I will not start a project planning on a 2-years period. I plan to work
on this between 5 and 10 years a week.

## Salutations

Best regards,
Christophe