Re: Metadata Extractor revisited

On 14 February 2017 at 14:57:51, Norman Walsh (ndw@nwalsh.com<mailto:ndw@nwalsh.com>) wrote:
Nic Gibson <nicg@corbas.co.uk> writes:
> Back in 2014 Erik Siegal asked about getting the metadata extractor to
> work because he was getting this error when he tried:
>
> Misconfigured. No 'class' in configuration for cx:metadata-extractor

Huh. Did I not reply to that? Mea culpa.

The docs here:

http://xmlcalabash.com/docs/reference/cx-metadata-extractor.html

include an example image that I believe works. The implementation
notes at the bottom of that page point to the project details. If you
get the extension through Maven, I think you’ll get the necessary
dependencies as well.

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <cc:xproc-config xmlns:cc="http://xmlcalabash.com/ns/configuration"
> xmlns:cx="http://xmlcalabash.com/ns/extensions" >
>     <cc:implementation
> class-name="com.xmlcalabash.extensions.MetadataExtractor"
> type="cx:metadata-extractor"/>
> </cc:xproc-config>

I wouldn’t expect that to be necessary anymore as I use annotations in
the class file itself.

Interesting - I can’t make it work without that in the config file. I’ll give it another go later.

nic

Norman Walsh
Lead Engineer
MarkLogic Corporation