Re: Newbie question

Ok, moving the serialization information to the
store makes better sense to me. I was also able
to work around  my issue with generating text
instead of XML. I setup the stylesheet to wrap
the text output in a dummy element. Then setting
the store output to be text then strips out the
new element, so I get the text the way I want it.

In working through these issues I think I may not
be using the correct tools. Is XPROC just meant
for passing XML from one task to another and not
a more general scripting tool that understands typical XML processes?

Here is what I'm trying to do overall:

1) Take a DITA Map file
and  process  the  structure and links to make a new flattened single file map.
2) I want to store that flattened map to an XML
file that I will keep around, but I also want to
pass it to another stylesheet that creates a
batch file based upon the information in the XML.
I don't want to process this result anymore.
3) I want to execute the batch file.
4) I also want to process all the XML files in a
given directory with the following:
   4a) Run an ant script against all of the files.
    4b) Run the resulting files through an
additional stylesheet to process the XML file further
5) Zip all the resulting files together.

Below is the XPROC file I have. It works properly
now for step 1 and 2. When I add the processing
for step 3 I start getting new errors. I've also
noticed that it appears that XPROC wants the file
to exist before it executes, so I can't pass the
file that I store to the second stylesheet. Looks
like I have to some how allow the pipeline of the
XML generation just work and somehow fork an
additional store/file create operation.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
     name="Preprocess-translations"  version="1.0"

         This XPROC script runs all the steps
required to take an Ixiasoft Localization kit
         and modify the source files and organize
them into a directory structure and zip
         that content to be sent on for localization.

href="file:/C:/Users/dan.vint/Desktop/DITAsource/fr-fr-loc-v1-source-maptesting/_mobile-dan1370798002064.ditamap"/>
             <!-- Write the result to "store-flat" -->

         <!-- Process the DITAMAP file source to
travel all the included maps and topics
             with stylesheet to flatten the
structure and gather information for later processing. -->
href="file:/C:/work/svn/scripts/translations/make-translations-map.xsl"/>

href="file:/C:/Users/dan.vint/Desktop/DITAsource/fr-fr-loc-v1-source-maptesting/_flatmap2.xml"

         name="store-flat"
               encoding="utf-8"
         method="xml"
         indent="true"
         omit-xml-declaration="false"/>

         <!-- Process the flattend map file to
create a batch file the copies topics/maps/images into a
              new file structure for zipping to send to translators
            -->

             <!-- XPROC seems to check for the
existence of the imput file before the prvious step creates it -->
<!--            <p:document
href="file:/C:/Users/dan.vint/Desktop/DITAsource/fr-fr-loc-v1-source-maptesting/_flatmap2.xml"/>
-->        </p:input>

href="file:/C:/work/svn/scripts/translations/fileorg.xsl"/>

href="file:/C:/Users/dan.vint/Desktop/DITAsource/fr-fr-loc-v1-source-maptesting/_copy-files.bat"

         name="store-batchfile"
         method="text"/>

          <!-- Run Ant script to remove the
oXy_delete processing instructions -->

          <!-- Process all the topics and maps in
the source folder and write to a new folder -->

          <!-- Run the copy.bat file against processed files -->
command="C:\Users\dan.vint\Desktop\DITAsource\fr-fr-loc-v1-source-maptesting\_copy-files.bat">

          <!-- Zip the files for translation -->

I'm thinking I need to switch to some other
scripting language and then possibly call a few
steps in XPROC. I started down this path because
the people using what I build will have oXygen
already installed. I was trying to avoid having
to configure a lot of other tools to make this
process work. So this is why I'm trying to stay in XPROC.

..dan

Danny Vint

Panoramic Photography
http://www.dvint.com