Van: Romain Deltour [mailto:rdeltour@gmail.com]
Verzonden: donderdag 22 september 2011 17:16
Aan: Geert Josten
CC: XProc Dev
Onderwerp: Re: document base uri

The XProc model is based on the XML Information Set [1], which does
allow a base URI on both document and element items. As Norm correctly
pointed out on the XProc Comment list [2], the problem is with XML
processing instructions which can have a base URI too. Adding an
xml:base attribute to the root element shouldn't change the base URI
of sibling PIs... so my proposal wouldn't work.

It seems we all agree that a 'p:base-uri' step changing the base URI
of the document would be a nice addition.

Romain.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xproc/#infoset-conformance

[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-processing-model-comments/2011Sep/0003.html