From: xproc-dev-request@w3.org [mailto:xproc-dev-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Alex Muir
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2011 11:39 AM
To: Jostein Austvik Jacobsen
Cc: XProc Dev
Subject: Re: p:exec -- can it apply to only selected parts of input using a loop?

Thanks..

btw is there a way to vote for changing the name of p:viewport

I'm not certain if the graphics terminology influenced the naming or if that is coincidence http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viewport

What would a developer think p:viewport does intuitively?  If random xml developer not familiar with xproc was asked what they were going to do when viewing a port on their xml input what would they say?

There may be a better term related to what is happening with the xml input such that a selection of the document is being modified.

p:modifySubtree
p:modifyNode

Maybe p:modifyNode is the most intuitive I can come up with brainstorming here..

Let me know your thoughts
Regards