Re: Strange behavior involving (p:)resolve-uri, variables, attributes, calabash, oxygen, saxon, ...

Jostein Austvik Jacobsen <josteinaj@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm getting the error "Internal Saxon error: local variable
> encountered whose binding has been deleted" in my pipeline, and have
> reduced the problem into this pipeline (which I run using oXygen):

Can you get a stack trace? I'm not sure how to do that when running
From oXygen, it would be "-D" on the command line.

> Is this a bug or am I missing something? If it's a bug, can anyone reproduce it with Calabash,
> or is it an oXygen bug?

It appears to be an oXygen bug, but it could be my error. I'm baffled
by the differences that work and don't work. If you think it's my bug,
George, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

With respect to p:resolve-uri or fn:resolve-uri, you really only need
to use p:resolve-uri if you are trying to maintain compatibility with
other implementations based on XPath 1.0. In any XPath 2.0-based
implementation, fn:resolve-uri should work.

Norman Walsh
Lead Engineer
MarkLogic Corporation
Phone: +1 413 624 6676