From: xproc-dev-request@w3.org [mailto:xproc-dev-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of mozer
Sent: Sunday, September 05, 2010 7:44 PM
To: temp44@szm.sk
Cc: xproc-dev@w3.org
Subject: Re: [xproc-dev] <none>

So you're comparing

err:XS0010

It is a static error if a pipeline contains a step whose specified inputs, outputs, and options do not match the signature for steps of that type.

See: Extension Steps <http://www.w3.org/TR/xproc/#err.inline.S0010>

and

err:XS0031

It is a static error to use an option on an atomic step that is not declared on steps of that type.

See: Syntactic Shortcut for Option Values <http://www.w3.org/TR/xproc/#err.inline.S0031> , p:with-option <http://www.w3.org/TR/xproc/#err.inline.S0031.1>

We can indeed say that XS0010 is more general than XS0031

Hope this helps

Xmlizer