Re: Simplifying a series of simple p:xslt steps

Philip,

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 1:52 AM, Philip Fennell
<Philip.Fennell@marklogic.com> wrote:
> If you are desperate to simplify this then you can declare your own
> pipeline step that encapsulates the p:xslt step. If all it is that
> changes is the URL of the XSLT document then make that the single
> option in your step. The down side to this is that because you
> cannot parameterise the href attribute on the p:document instruction
> you will need to use a p:load in your step in order to bring the
> referenced transform into the pipeline. You'd end up with a sequence
> of one line steps in you pipeline plus a reference to the library
> module that your step declaration exists in.

Would you mind elaborating on that?  I've been unable to figure out
how to put it together myself... I'm a little overwhelmed by XProc, at
the moment.  The solution you describe sounds like the exact solution
I was hoping would be possible. A sequence of one line steps would be
ideal for my use case.

> That'd 'simplify' the appearance of the pipeline but obfuscate
> what's going.

I think I'm fine with that tradeoff.  This simplification is for the
benefit of some end users who are a little uncomfortable making
changes to these unfamiliar XML files.

Thanks so much,

Will McCutchen.
mccutchen@gmail.com