Re: How to pass a boolean value true or false using with-param when the required param type is xs:boolean;

I'm afraid you'll probably have to do something like this in your
transform if you want to get a boolean:

<xsl:param name="preserve_newline" as="xs:boolean"/>
<xsl:variable name="preserve_newline_boolean"
select="upper-case($preserve_newline) = 'TRUE'" as="xs:boolean" />

And then use $preserve_newline_boolean where you were using $preserve_newline.

I think what it comes down to is that while XSL allows parameters of
any type, XProc limits parameters to being strings, and will pass them
as strings to an XSL. So the XSL will recieve a string when it is
expecting a boolean, and fail.  It's kind of an annoying limitation in
situations like this.

Hope this helps,

-James