RE: XProc and SMIL, Orchestrating Pipeline Steps

Norm,

I see what you're saying, although there is some sense of 'process in
document order' by the ordering of the steps in a pipeline there is no
need to execute each step in that order, only that the right output
results go the right input sources. Therefore, a pipeline that declares
a step with a p:pipeinfo that contains a smil:timesheet element could be
'seen' as part of the 'pre-flight' checks and an appropriate action
taken to interpret the timesheet.

As a matter of interest, although I've received a couple of replies to
my original e-mail regarding how one references a timesheet, no one has
said yea-or-nay as to whether they like the idea.

Does anyone have an opinion as to it being a sound proposal. I've got a
Blog Post loaded and ready to go (more or less) and was wondering if
there was going to be any support for the idea from the XProc community.

Regards

Philip Fennell