Re: XProc and SMIL, Orchestrating Pipeline Steps

Philip Fennell <Philip.Fennell@bbc.co.uk> writes:

> Vojtech,
>
>> I would say that p:pipeinfo would be the most appropriate solution.
>
> As you'd want to declare the timesheet at the root of the pipeline you
> couldn't use p:pipeinfo because it is not allowed on p:pipeline or
> p:declare-step. I think, if it were to be possible to use Timesheets
> with Xproc, then the PI is the best approach.

If you had a SMIL-aware XProc processor, why would this not be
sufficient?

       timesheet goes here

You might want some sort of attribute on p:pipeinfo to identify which
pipeinfo was about SMIL, but I don't see why the timesheet has to come
at the root.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Human felicity is produced not so much
http://nwalsh.com/            | by great pieces of good fortune that