RE: Having problems with p:validate-with-relax-ng and Calabash

Norm,

Thanks for making me double check, I'd unpacked Jing in the wrong place,
but I've still got problems...

I've now had to get MSV and put that on the classpath too.

I'm using a RelaxNG Compact Syntax Schema and when I call
p:validate-with-relax-ng thus:

content-type="application/relax-ng-compact-syntax"/>

I get:

[root@pal service-description]# ./bin/pipeline.sh
-oresult=results/java-client.atom -isource=examples/uploader.wadl
pipelines/service-description.xpl
org.iso_relax.verifier.VerifierConfigurationException: element "c:data"
is not allowed here
        at
com.sun.msv.verifier.jarv.FactoryImpl.compileSchema(FactoryImpl.java:107
)
        at
com.xmlcalabash.library.ValidateWithRNG.run(ValidateWithRNG.java:89)
        at com.xmlcalabash.runtime.XAtomicStep.run(XAtomicStep.java:364)
        at com.xmlcalabash.runtime.XPipeline.doRun(XPipeline.java:223)
        at com.xmlcalabash.runtime.XPipeline.run(XPipeline.java:130)
        at com.xmlcalabash.drivers.Main.run(Main.java:241)
        at com.xmlcalabash.drivers.Main.main(Main.java:65)

StackTrace of Original Exception:
org.iso_relax.verifier.VerifierConfigurationException: element "c:data"
is not allowed here
        at
com.sun.msv.verifier.jarv.TheFactoryImpl.parse(TheFactoryImpl.java:44)
        at
com.sun.msv.verifier.jarv.FactoryImpl.compileSchema(FactoryImpl.java:98)
        at
com.xmlcalabash.library.ValidateWithRNG.run(ValidateWithRNG.java:89)
        at com.xmlcalabash.runtime.XAtomicStep.run(XAtomicStep.java:364)
        at com.xmlcalabash.runtime.XPipeline.doRun(XPipeline.java:223)
        at com.xmlcalabash.runtime.XPipeline.run(XPipeline.java:130)
        at com.xmlcalabash.drivers.Main.run(Main.java:241)
        at com.xmlcalabash.drivers.Main.main(Main.java:65)

StackTrace of Original Exception:
com.sun.msv.verifier.jarv.FactoryImpl$WrapperException: element "c:data"
is not allowed here
        at
com.sun.msv.verifier.jarv.FactoryImpl$ThrowController.error(FactoryImpl.
java:145)
        at com.sun.msv.reader.Controller.error(Controller.java:51)
        at com.sun.msv.reader.Controller.error(Controller.java:51)
        at
com.sun.msv.reader.GrammarReader.reportError(GrammarReader.java:807)
        at
com.sun.msv.reader.GrammarReader.reportError(GrammarReader.java:765)
        at
com.sun.msv.reader.SimpleState.startElement(SimpleState.java:81)
        at
org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.startElement(XMLFilterImpl.java:527)
        at
com.sun.msv.reader.trex.TREXBaseReader.startElement(TREXBaseReader.java:
184)
        at
com.sun.msv.reader.trex.ng.RELAXNGReader.startElement(RELAXNGReader.java
:524)
        at
com.sun.msv.reader.trex.ng.comp.RELAXNGCompReader.startElement(RELAXNGCo
mpReader.java:197)
        at
com.sun.msv.reader.util.GrammarLoader$2.startElement(GrammarLoader.java:
505)
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl$NSContentDispatcher.scan
RootElementHook(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDis
patcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unkno
wn Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
        at
com.sun.msv.reader.util.GrammarLoader._loadSchema(GrammarLoader.java:514
)
        at
com.sun.msv.reader.util.GrammarLoader.parse(GrammarLoader.java:325)
        at
com.sun.msv.reader.util.GrammarLoader.loadSchema(GrammarLoader.java:189)
        at
com.sun.msv.verifier.jarv.TheFactoryImpl.parse(TheFactoryImpl.java:42)
        at
com.sun.msv.verifier.jarv.FactoryImpl.compileSchema(FactoryImpl.java:98)
        at
com.xmlcalabash.library.ValidateWithRNG.run(ValidateWithRNG.java:89)
        at com.xmlcalabash.runtime.XAtomicStep.run(XAtomicStep.java:364)
        at com.xmlcalabash.runtime.XPipeline.doRun(XPipeline.java:223)
        at com.xmlcalabash.runtime.XPipeline.run(XPipeline.java:130)
        at com.xmlcalabash.drivers.Main.run(Main.java:241)
        at com.xmlcalabash.drivers.Main.main(Main.java:65)
Error  : Pipeline failed: com.xmlcalabash.core.XProcException:
org.iso_relax.verifier.VerifierConfigurationException: element "c:data"
is not allowed here
Error  : Underlying exception:
org.iso_relax.verifier.VerifierConfigurationException: element "c:data"
is not allowed here
[root@pal service-description]#

So, for some reason it's not dealing with the p:data properly.

However, if I try the XML Syntax version of the schema I get:

[root@pal service-description]# ./bin/pipeline.sh
-oresult=results/java-client.atom -isource=examples/uploader.wadl
pipelines/service-description.xpl
Error  : Pipeline failed: java.lang.ClassCastException:
com.thaiopensource.datatype.xsd.MaxInclusiveRestrictDatatype cannot be
cast to com.sun.msv.datatype.xsd.XSDatatype

Any thoughts?

Has anyone out there got an example that works?

Regards

Philip Fennell