[closed] Re: using p:variable

"Dave Pawson" <dave.pawson@gmail.com> writes:

> 2008/12/23 Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>:
>> "Dave Pawson" <dave.pawson@gmail.com> writes:
>>> For the insertion /     addition of xml content to an input entity, plus
>>> whatever use case has it there already.
>>
>> But the result of a variable must be a string, so insertion/addition
>> has to take place in the context of an XML document and we *have*
>> steps for doing that (add-attribute, string-replace, etc.)
>
> OK, I give in.
>
> I now have one bit of xproc I dislike.

The WG reconsidered this issue on 29 Jan but came to the conclusion
that, on balance, the status quo was sufficient. If there is a
standard step that you think would be useful, please let me know and
I'll make sure it goes up on exproc.org.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Through space the universe grasps me
http://nwalsh.com/            | and swallows me up like a speck;