Re: Extension function prefixes/namespace

"David A. Lee" <dlee@calldei.com> writes:
> Any comments on this ?

Sorry. I'm behind on xproc-dev mail, as you can tell.

> Looking into this further, I am coming to the conclusion that
> extension functions should NOT share the same prefix as any schema
> being processed by the processor.
> For example is this *input* document to xproc pipeline parsable.

> By this xproc pipeline

> select="concat('&quot;',p:base-uri(//p:identity[1]),'&quot;')"

> note the use of the same prefix in replace,  the function and the argument

That should work just fine. The function "base-uri" is identified by a
QName who's namespace URI is "http://www.w3.org/ns/xproc" and who's
local name is "base-uri".

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Vision is the art of seeing things
http://nwalsh.com/            | invisible.-- Swift