Re: Why can't I specify input and output document?

According to the definition of p:output (5.4):

"If a binding is provided for a p:output, documents are read from that
binding and those documents form the output that is written to the
output port. In other words, placing a p:document inside a p:output
causes the processor to read that document and provide it on the
output port. It does not cause the processor to write the output to
that document."

So that's why it doesn't work.  But as to how to make it work, I'm not
sure yet.

-James