Re: Context Sensitive Element Definitions in W3C XSD Schema?

From: Steve Batides <batides@moltek.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 19:57:05 -0600
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Sorry, looks like my previous post didnt come through right; I should
have used plain text. Im resending so that it's on the list site for
reference by anyone else:

Michael,

That works...

It's non-intuitive (to me) that the namespace distinction can be
achieved by wrapping the local declaration in a group declaration, but I
guess it sort of makes sense after a bit of thought. I have only tested
it with one editor, but I implemented one such group in the desired IF
namespace but containing a "customized" local declaration of the IF
element, and it works. I'll test a couple other validators later, but
your suggestion was correct. Thanks *VERY *much; it's a bit of work to
build the infrastructure XSLT to modify and maintain it, but I now have
a solution that is going to do what we need. I should have found this
forum years ago...