Re: XML Schema 1.1 Tutorial

Hello Ramkumar and Mukul,

thanks for the tutorial and thanks for bringing this up again.
However, I'm a bit puzzled, in Section 2. Extensibility and Versioning
you state that, "Also considered legal is a competition between two
wildcards. However, competition between two elements is still considered
a violation of the rule."

However, in the current version of XSD 1.1 in Section 3.8.6.4 one can
read the following:
"A content model must not contain two element particles which compete
with each other, nor two wildcard particles which compete with each other.
Note: Content models in which an element particle and a wildcard
particle compete with each other are not prohibited. In such cases, the
Element Declaration is chosen [...]"

As far as I understand in this point you tutorial is not correct, since
competing wildcard particles are still forbidden.

Regards,

Maik Stührenberg

--
Dr. Maik Stührenberg