Re: Access to Schema API information

Michael,

This is really awesome.

I would be very interesting in learning more/helping in anyway. My biggest
questions would be around efficiency. The SCM's can get pretty large. Is
the SCM structure managed through the java backend to provide quick access?

Great stuff.

Cheers,

Casey

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 1:07 PM, Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com> wrote:

> I have been implementing a Saxon extension that exposes the Schema
> Component Model to XSLT and XQuery applications. It makes heavy use of the
> new 3.0 facility to have functions as first-class values, so every schema
> component is represented as a function: the argument to the function is the
> property name, and the result of the function is the property value. See
> here for a description:
>
> http://dev.saxonica.com/blog/**mike/2012/05/#000190<http://dev.saxonica.com/blog/mike/2012/05/#000190>
>
> Comments welcome. I think this interface is eminently suitable for
> standardization.
>
> Michael Kay
> Saxonica

Casey Jordan
easyDITA a product of Jorsek LLC
"CaseyDJordan" on LinkedIn, Twitter & Facebook
(585) 348 7399
easydita.com

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee(s) and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please be advised that any disclosure  copying, distribution, or use of
the information contained herein is prohibited.  If you have received
this communication in error, please destroy all copies of the message,
whether in electronic or hard copy format, as well as attachments, and
immediately contact the sender by replying to this e-mail or by phone.
Thank you.