Re: Invoking schema validation processors

At 2012-01-10 16:01 +0000, Michael Kay wrote:
>I suspect that some parsers interpret the presence of a <DOCTYPE>
>declaration as an instruction to perform DTD validation,

Precisely.  I could analyze that that is what was wrong, but I have
no guidance from the documentation on how to get my users running
command-line scripts to turn off DTD validation but preserve the
entity processing.  Hence my post to the list.

BTW, I've had no problems with Saxon performing the validation
exactly as I need, but the old (ancient) version of 9SA that I have
doesn't appear to return a non-zero return code on a validation
error.  Reading the invocation arguments in the help provided when no
arguments are supplied doesn't appear to offer any way to impact the
return code.

Thanks for confirming my analysis of the situation.

My only issue is that I'm using all these tools from the command line
and not from inside a program and so I am limited to what can be
offered from and to a script.

Free 5-hour video lecture: XSLT/XPath 1.0 & 2.0 http://ude.my/uoui9h
Crane Softwrights Ltd.            http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/x/
G. Ken Holman                   mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com