Re: Progress towards XSD 1.1

Original Message From: "Liam R E Quin"
> On Thu, 2011-09-29 at 16:07 +0100, Pete Cordell wrote:
>
>> Perhaps I could gently suggest that IMO the XSD working group could do a
>> better job of engaging the hearts and minds of people outside the working
>> group.
>
> That's probably true. As staff contact now, I'd really like to be doing
> a lot more outreach, except that I have too much on my plate. Possibly
> one of the new W3C Community Groups would be a good forum for
> XML-related outreach?
>
> I suppose we could look at setting up twitter feeds for closed bugs, but
> for my part I look at twitter once every few months and then wander off
> again.

I think registering with Bugzilla is a good way to keep track of the various
bugs and their progress.  The amount of e-mail you get isn't that onerous,
and it's quite often helpful to get background on the bug when any update
comes through.

What I miss is notice of new public drafts etc.  I think that a simple
e-mail to xmlschema-dev when a new public draft is issued would be
sufficient.  If that's hard to do, maybe someone can setup something to
routinely scrape http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema11-1/ and see whether the
date of the draft has change?

HTH,

Pete Cordell
Codalogic Ltd
Interface XML to C++ the easy way using C++ XML
data binding to convert XSD schemas to C++ classes.
Visit http://codalogic.com/lmx/ or http://www.xml2cpp.com
for more info