Re: How to define a complexType so that derived types can have simple content or complex content?

Hi Roger,
    It seems use cases like this become little more natural to be
solved (i.e better semantic modeling of the problem domain XSD type
system) with XSD 1.1. Here's a proposed XSD 1.1 answer for this use
case using the CTA construct,

<xs:element name="title" type="property"/>

<xs:element name="author" type="property"/>

<xs:complexType name="property" type="xs:anyType">
      <xs:alternative test="name() = 'title'">
          <xs:simpleType>
              <xs:restriction base="xs:string">
                  <xs:maxLength value="100" />
              </xs:restriction>
         </xs:simpleType>
     </xs:alternative>
     <xs:alternative test="name() = 'author'">
         <xs:complexType>
             <xs:sequence>
                 <xs:element ref="Person" />
             </xs:sequence>