Re: ANN: Algorithm for Merging a simpleType Dependency Chain

Hi Roger,
    The thing which confuses me, within your article is that you use
the terminology, xsd:value (i.e the component "value" is in XML Schema
namespace, whereas in XML Schema language we currently don't have any
component named "value" within the xsd: namespace). So how would we
process such a component with a compliant XML Schema processor?

May be you've assumed that "if the component xsd:value existed -- even
if it doesn't exist currently".

There's another observation I could make about this topic (as follows),

It seems you're trying to create a single (a kind of monolithic, if we
can say so) type definition from an existing chain of simpleType
definitions. In this newly rendered simpleType component, all the
constraints of the participating types are present. This seems to me
like an opposite of re-factoring. I doubt if this approach may find
general purpose uses.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi