Re: Is a simpleType, A, that restricts a union simpleType equivalent to a simpleType, A, that is a union?

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 10:51 PM, Costello, Roger L. <costello@mitre.org> wrote:
> Is the following simpleType, B, equivalent to the above B?
>
>    <xsd:simpleType name="B">
>        <xsd:union memberTypes="xsd:int xsd:boolean" />
>    </xsd:simpleType>

I think yes from the perspective of the validation capabilities
available to both "B" types (the value space of both these B's is
same, since we don't do anything in the restriction [within the first
B] to constrain the value space further -- it's just cosmetic).

But from the point of view of the schema components generated for both
these case, I think these two types would be considered different, at
least I think their base types are different (the base type of first B
is A, while base type of second B is anySimpleType I think).

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi