Re: Can an attribute have an alias name?

It seems that this may be implemented with XML Schema 1.1 assertions
(as follows),

<xs:assert test="count(@name | @new-name) = 1"/>

Additionally to such an assertion, I think we need to make sure that
these two attributes need to be declared optional (i.e don't use
use="required" on both these attributes) at level of xs:attribute.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi