Re: How to define a value space that is a cross-product of simpleType value spaces?

Yes, I agree with Michael. Furthermore, while there are practical limits,
if you're that interested in the substructure of the name, might it not be
appropriate to mark up the bits separately, I.e. with tags for <givenName>
etc.? Not only is this more robust, if verbose, markup, it at least
provides a foundation for dealing with the wide range of naming customs
required to deal with a global user community.

(Having at one point worked for a company that built email, and thus
address book systems, I can assure you that building a model that handles
the full range of international naming conventions is very, very difficult,
but not trying can lead to truly embarrassing results in many locales.)

Noah