Re: Need help on xml-schema

On 18/02/2011 07:37, Taranisen Mohanta wrote:
> Hi,
>  I need a help on the following xml to have a schema.

If you're prepared to change the "type" attribute to "xsi:type" this
becomes straightforward; you can define different subtypes of some
common type, and choose which one the instance should be validated
against using the xsi:type attribute. (But then, if you can do that,
you're probably better changing the element name so <operation
type="list_products"> becomes <operation_list_products>).

If you're prepared to use XSD 1.1, you can do the same using any
attribute, using the new feature of Conditional Type Assignment.

Otherwise, it can't be done in XSD 1.0 alone.

Michael Kay
Saxonica