Re: redefinition of SimpleType in nested schemas

Hi Marie,

 > Danish-English-technical.xsd builds on it's turn upon
 > Danish-English.xsd, but this time I have chosen to use <xs:redefine>,
 > because in these special dictionaries, I need to modify the SimpleType
 > "Subject" by extension.
------------^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The derivation methods for simple types are restriction, list and union,
extension is for complex types. In case of redefinitions of simple types
you can use only restriction, see
Schema Representation Constraint: Redefinition Constraints and Semantics
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#src-redefine
***
5 Within the [children], each <simpleType> must have a <restriction>
among its [children] and each <complexType> must have a restriction or
extension among its grand-[children] the ·actual value· of whose base
[attribute] must be the same as the ·actual value· of its own name
attribute plus target namespace;
***

Best Regards,
George