Re: What would be the consequence of prohibiting local element and attribute declarations?

I worked in a project with this policy. I think you have more cleaner schemas. This policy is useful if you have many heterogeneus systems to integrate and you can reuse the code you generate in several systems. Sounds like Venetian Blind pattern.

Cheers
------Mensaje original------
De: Costello, Roger L.
Remitente: xmlschema-dev-request@w3.org
Para: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Asunto: What would be the consequence of prohibiting local element and  attribute declarations?
Enviado: 16 Oct, 2010 07:03

Hi Folks,

Suppose a team has this XML Schema design policy:

   No local element or attribute declarations
   are permitted. All elements and attributes
   must be globally declared.

This policy strips the XML Schema language of a significant functionality. What are the consequences? Specifically what things will not be expressible because of this policy? Would this policy result in the creation of XML Schemas that don't integrate with other XML technologies?

/Roger

Enviado desde mi BlackBerry de Movistar