From: xmlschema-dev-request@w3.org [mailto:xmlschema-dev-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Michael Kay
Sent: Monday, August 23, 2010 6:19 PM
To: bharath
Cc: xmlschema-dev-request@w3.org; xmlschema-dev@w3.org;
arathikarki@huawei.com; rajithr@huawei.com
Subject: Re: Doubt in xmlDocDumpFormatMemoryEnc

I suspect that most readers of this list, like me, have never heard of
xmlDocDumpFormatMemoryEnc(). So it would be useful for you to explain what
product it is part of and what its intended purpose is. Does it have
anything to do with XML Schema (and if not, why are you posting here?)

Intrinsically, escaping of XML special characters (for example converting &
to &) is a sensible/necessary thing to do for any tool that generates or
serializes XML.

Michael Kay
Saxonica