RE: [XML Schema 1.1] Many questions about openContent

On the first question, the schema component model for open content does not
include a minOccurs and maxOccurs value (the {open content} property is a
wildcard, not a wildcard particle). As far as I can see, it is permitted to
specify these values in the XML representation, but they are ignored.
Perhaps they should not be allowed: I'll raise a bug to propose this.

On the second question, mode="none" is used in the same way as
use="prohibited" on attributes, to suppress inheritance of openContent in a
type that would otherwise acquire it automatically.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/
http://twitter.com/michaelhkay