Re: invalid within XML-Spy, .NET and Xerces parsers but valid with the W3C validator

In addition to what Michael already said, here's a little additional
explanation that points you toward where you run afoul of the spec...

The error Xerces gives is: rcase-Recurse.2: There is not a complete
functional mapping between the particles.

Xerces seems to be following 2.2 at
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xmlschema-1-20041028/structures.html#cos-particle-restrict.

It removes the "pointless" sequence, so that comp1A1 becomes:
   <xs:complexType name="complA1">
       <xs:complexContent>
           <xs:restriction base="complA">
               <xs:sequence minOccurs="0">
                       <xs:element name="B" minOccurs="0"/>
                       <xs:element name="C" minOccurs="0"/>
                       <xs:element name="D" minOccurs="0"/>
                       <xs:element name="E" minOccurs="0"/>
               </xs:sequence>
           </xs:restriction>
       </xs:complexContent>
   </xs:complexType>

However, after doing this, applying the rules for a sequence particle
restricting a sequence particle
(http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xmlschema-1-20041028/structures.html#rcase-Recurse)
leads to the noted failure (element B would map to the original nested
sequence, elements C..E don't map to anything).

Kevin