Re: [XML Schema 1.1] defaultAttributes only apply within the schema file, not to imported or included schemas, correct?

On 14 Jul 2009, at 06:48 , Costello, Roger L. wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Below I show BookStore.xsd. It specifies defaultAttributes. It
> imports Book.xsd, which also has a defaultAttributes.
>
> The defaultAttributes specified in BookStore.xsd only applies to the
> complexTypes within that file, and the defaultAttributes specifies
> in Book.xsd only applies to the complexTypes within that file,
> correct?

Yes, the defaultAttributes applies only to types defined
in the schema document for which the defaultAttributes
attribute is specified.  Types defined in other schema
documents are not affected, whether they are included or
acquired via import or by some other means.

To cite chapter and verse:  this property follows from

   - the rule for {attribute uses} given in section
     3.4.2.4 Mapping Rule for Attribute Uses Property,
     and
   - the rule for {attribute wildcard} given in section
     3.4.2.5 Mapping Rule for Attribute Wildcard Property

* http://www.blackmesatech.com
* http://cmsmcq.com/mib
* http://balisage.net