Re: Unqualified elment - but still have prefix at the root

If you omit the target namespace, you are giving up using namespaces,
which are used to help avoid naming conflicts.

These resources might help you:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/#NS
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0130655678

Kevin
(I earlier CC'd xmlschema-dev-request instead of xmlschema-dev by accident)