RE: "case dependent" structures in xsd

It might or might not be possible to define the structure that you want. One
really can't tell what that structure is, though, from just two samples.
It's like telling us that you want to model the grammar of the two English
sentences "I like baked beans" and "Do you like jam?".

It might be that other readers are better at pattern recognition than I am,
and can see from your two examples what rules you have in mind. But I can't.
It's always possible to permit both these sequences by a structure that
allows all the child elements in any order, but I guess you want something
less permissive than that.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/