From: xmlschema-dev-request@w3.org [mailto:xmlschema-dev-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Thompson, Zach
Sent: 10 March 2008 20:43
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Subject: multiple attribute groups for an elment possible?

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure if it's possible to have essentially several valid
attribute groups per element.  For instance, if I have two types of symbols,

<symbol type="a" a="val" b="val" c=123 />

<symbol type="b" x="val" y="val" z=123 />

I would like to say that type "a" has these required/optional attributes,
i.e. a, b, and c, and type "b" a different set, i.e. x, y, and z.  Is it
possible to say that "symbol" can have one of several attributeGroups?

I realize I can just make aSymbol and bSymbol but would like to avoid that
route.

Cheers,

Zach

  _____

recipient, and may be a confidential attorney-client communication or may
otherwise be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or
agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient,
please be aware that any dissemination or copying of this communication is
please immediately notify us by replying to the message and deleting it from
your computer.  The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. reserves the right, subject
to applicable local law, to monitor and review the content of any electronic
message or information sent to or from McGraw-Hill employee e-mail addresses
without informing the sender or recipient of the message.

  _____