Re: UPA example

- Original Message From: "C. M. Sperberg-McQueen"

> On 25 Jun 2008, at 04:49 , Pete Cordell wrote:
> > So I take it that under the XSD 1.1 rules, the instance would be  valid
> > and have particle assigment corresponding to:
> >
> > <apple/> validated by element
> > <apple/> validated by any
> > <apple/> validated by any
> >
> > Rather than:
> >
> > <apple/> validated by element
> > <apple/> validated by any
> > <apple/> validated by element
>
> No, I don't think so.

I have to confess that while I noticed that the first pass through the
sequence would require a match to the xs:any, I didn't carry on the
reasoning and consider that on the second pass a match was also required and
hence the instance was a little short.  Similarly I didn't realise how the
RE backtracking that Boris mentioned was relevant and concluded he was using
the term loosely.  I can now see how it related.  (I could argue that I only
considered the above instances to be fragments of a larger instances, but
can't :-)

I think the important thing for me is that, having fixed the length of the
instance, the following is the association:

<apple/> validated by element
<apple/> validated by any
<apple/> validated by element
<apple/> validated by any