From: xmlschema-dev-request@w3.org [mailto:xmlschema-dev-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Mansour Al Akeel
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 11:56 AM
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Subject: Database schema from standards xsd

I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask for comments or advice
regarding this issue. If not, please advice me.
I need a database that reflects the structure of the standard schema.
There are lots of these well designed schemas at
http://xml.coverpages.org/xmlApplications.html (for example, Chemical
Markup Language <http://xml.coverpages.org/cml.html>). Is there a way
that I can transform these xml sxhemas to database schema and use an orm
mapping and/or xml binding to process the objects. I believe this can be
a lot of help (if possible). I thought about writing an xslt that will
do this. I would like to hear comments and an advice from someone, if
this is possible, and what would be the downsides.