From: Michael Kay [mailto:mike@saxonica.com]
Sent: ה 01 נובמבר 2007 14:51
To: Shlomo Yona; xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Subject: RE: Mixed content and empty content

	What is the semantics of the following XSDL snippet?

		<xsd:element name="foo">
		    <xsd:complexType mixed="true"/>
		</xsd:element>

allows character data content but no element children. Pretty much the same as anySimpleType, except that it's complex - which means you can derive a "real" complex type from it by extension.

	Does it mean the same as

		<xsd:element name="foo">
		    <xsd:complexType/>
		</xsd:element>

No, that one doesn't allow character data content.

     Is the meaning <xsd:complexType mixed="false"/> the same as <xsd:complexType/> ?

Yes.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/