Re: Defining recursive elements?

Hi Boris,

I was using it more as a figure of speech (perhaps British only) rather than
an exact ratio.  Perhaps "more often than not" would have been a better turn
of phrase.

My may concern is that you said "Note that this change _will_ result in a
different schema if there was a target namespace involved," which someone
less experienced than yourself could have mis-interpreted.  If you had said
"Note that this change _could_ result in a different schema if there was a
target namespace involved" then I would totally agree with you.

Having said that, I actually think the case where Venetian blind schema
design is used, and all local elements are unqualified looks quite pretty.
Especially when types from multiple namespaces are used.  You get one
namespace declaration at the start of your instance identifying your schema,
and then you don't have to worry about namespaces anymore.  It looks a lot
like Java packages and C++ namespaces etc.  Shame we're not allowed to use
it :-)

Pete.
Pete Cordell
Tech-Know-Ware Ltd
for XML Schema to C++ data binding visit
 http://www.tech-know-ware.com/lmx/
 http://www.codalogic.com/lmx/