Re: Schema 1.1: xs:anyEnumeration considered?

The original poster (that's me) was drawing an analogy between Java and
XML, perhaps a little unfair.  In the Java world packages outside the
core get an "x" in their name (for "experimental" or "extended") until
they are eventually folded into the core.

For XML enums it might look like this.  Imagine an enumeration
containing "schwinn", "huffy" and "specialized", then:

    <vendor>specialized</vendor>
    <vendor>heffy</vendor>
    <vendor>Schwinn</vendor>
    <vendor enum_extension="true">breezer</vendor>

when validated "heffy" would be invalid, but "breezer" is clearly marked
as existing outside the predefined list of bicycle manufacturers.