Validation of XML instance failing as reference to supported schema is not found.

From: Swayam Vemuri -X \(swvemuri - WIPRO at Cisco\) <swvemuri@cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 10:58:20 +0530
To: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
Hi All,

I have three schemas(xsds) Java.xsd, database.xsd, base.xsd.

Iam importing java.xsd and database.xsd into base.xsd.

I created an XML instance using base.xsd, which looks like below

Ei2d.xml (XML instance)

==========

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ei2d:Ei2dLibType xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xmlns:ei2d="http://www.cisco.com/gmi/ei2d">

<ei2d:managedResourceDef>

<ei2d:managedResource xmlns:ei2d="http://www.cisco.com/gmi/ei2d"
xmlns:database="http://www.cisco.com/gmi/ei2d/database"
name="ThinkPositive">

      <ei2d:reference database:checking="Swayam"/>

      <ei2d:configData>

        <ei2d:attribute xsi:type="ei2d:ConfigAttributeType"
javaAccessType="public" name="itWorks" />

      </ei2d:configData>

    </ei2d:managedResource>

</ei2d:managedResourceDef>

</ei2d:Ei2dLibType>

Now when I try to validate it using XMLSpy, Iam seeing below error

"Unable to locate a reference to a supported schema type(DTD, W3C
Schema)within this document instance"

It will be of great help if anyone can please help me out regarding how
to solve this problem.

The base.xsd, Java.xsd and database.xsd are as given at the end of this
email

Thanks,

Swayam

Base.xsd(a snippet)

===============

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!-- edited with XMLSpy v2005 rel. 3 U (http://www.altova.com) by
Prakash Bettadapur (private) -->

<xs:schema xmlns="http://www.cisco.com/gmi/ei2d"
xmlns:java="http://www.cisco.com/gmi/ei2d/java"
xmlns:database="http://www.cisco.com/gmi/ei2d/database"
targetNamespace="http://www.cisco.com/gmi/ei2d"

<xs:import namespace="http://www.cisco.com/gmi/ei2d/java"
schemaLocation="Java_.xsd"/>

<xs:import namespace="http://www.cisco.com/gmi/ei2d/database"
schemaLocation="database.xsd"/>

            <xs:complexType name="referenceType">

                        <xs:attribute ref="database:checking" />

                        <xs:attribute name="javaAccessType"
type="java:JavaAccessType"/>

                        <xs:attribute name="name" type="xs:string"
use="required"/>

                        <xs:anyAttribute namespace="##other"
processContents="lax" />

            </xs:complexType>

</xs:schema>

Java.xsd(a snippet)

==============

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!-- edited with XMLSpy v2005 rel. 3 U (http://www.altova.com) by
Prakash Bettadapur (private) -->

<java:schema xmlns="http://www.cisco.com/gmi/ei2d/java"
xmlns:java="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
targetNamespace="http://www.cisco.com/gmi/ei2d/java"

            <java:simpleType name="JavaAccessType">

                        <java:restriction base="java:string">

                                    <java:enumeration value=""/>

                                    <java:enumeration value="public"/>

                                    <java:enumeration
value="protected"/>

                                    <java:enumeration value="private"/>

                        </java:restriction>

            </java:simpleType>

</java:schema>

Database.xsd( a snippet)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!-- edited with XMLSpy v2005 rel. 3 U (http://www.altova.com) by
Prakash Bettadapur (private) -->

<database:schema xmlns="http://www.cisco.com/gmi/ei2d/database"
xmlns:database="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
targetNamespace="http://www.cisco.com/gmi/ei2d/database"

            <database:attribute name="checking" type="database:string"
/>

</database:schema>